There is a 500 hourly email limit per domain this limit is also applied
towards mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour most of the e-mails
will bounce back with a undeliverable error.
Many of our servers have a 60 pop checks per hour limit per domain. If you go over
this you're likely to get a wrong password error message saying login incorrect.
Just wait an hour and it will automatically unlock you. to prevent this from
happening again make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to
something higher such as 10 minutes.
Any mailing list larger than 5,000 will require a semi dedicated or dedicated
hosting solution from us. Note: dividing one large list into smaller lists to
get below this limit is not allowed.
Mailing Lists Rules
1. Anytime you're sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is
you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least
sending 1 email every 6 seconds. If the mailing list software you're using does
not allow you to throttle you must switch to something else. We recommend
phplist which can be found in your control panel under fantastico. If you do not
throttle and you try sending let's say 500 emails the server will try sending
all 500 in 1 second which is not possible. This will cause the server load to go
very high and for the entire server to be sluggish until this process is
completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being
sluggish. Anyone who causes the servers load to go high will be suspended and
the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle you will most
likely be suspended for crashing the server.
2. Any mailing list over 900 emails is only allowed to be sent to during
off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day
Saturday and Sunday, and 1am - 8 am eastern time M-F.
3. You are not allowed to mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased.
This is spamming because they never agreed to you personally sending them mail.
We do not care how you justify it. This is spam and will result in
termination of the offending account.
4. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in termination of the
offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of
5. Any mailling list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States.
These can be found at: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/canspam.htm
6. No Direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this is DarkMailer. Any mail should be relayed through the local MTA (localhost:25) for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.